Radio Wiring
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:19 pm
Own a 1995 XJ6 sport and have just wired the stereo in properly(a previous owner snipped the wiring plug off) - wiring details supplied online is as follows:-
Constant 12volt + - Brown/white
Switched* 12volt + - Green/orange
Ground - Black
Antenna Trigger - Green
Front Speakers
Left + red/white
Left - red/green
Right + pink/white
Right - pink/green
Rear Speakers
Left + red/brown
Left - red/green
Right + pink/yellow
Right - pink/green
*I found no switched live - the green/orange wire was dead with and without the ignition switched to acc - I took the live from the cigarette lighter and it works fine
I also spent a great deal of time with the speaker wiring - it looks straightforward on paper but the reality can be confusing
I found that using a multi-meter helped
Also, checking the Haynes workshop manual revealed how much the wiring can differ between years and models
Be careful because the fuse for the live also protects the boot unlock button and it's located in the boot - see my posting on the forum under "Bodywork" for a solution to that
Constant 12volt + - Brown/white
Switched* 12volt + - Green/orange
Ground - Black
Antenna Trigger - Green
Front Speakers
Left + red/white
Left - red/green
Right + pink/white
Right - pink/green
Rear Speakers
Left + red/brown
Left - red/green
Right + pink/yellow
Right - pink/green
*I found no switched live - the green/orange wire was dead with and without the ignition switched to acc - I took the live from the cigarette lighter and it works fine
I also spent a great deal of time with the speaker wiring - it looks straightforward on paper but the reality can be confusing
I found that using a multi-meter helped
Also, checking the Haynes workshop manual revealed how much the wiring can differ between years and models
Be careful because the fuse for the live also protects the boot unlock button and it's located in the boot - see my posting on the forum under "Bodywork" for a solution to that