Page 1 of 1

Electrical display faults

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 pm
by rollo7855
Hi, hope I'm using this right.
I have a couple of Jag's for my sins, I'll go with the one I use every day first. A 97/98 XJ Sport V8 Auto. 1st fault Boot open display is on all the time but the boot is closed? 2nd fault rear light bulb light comes on when the brake pedal is pressed, but the bulb are all working? 3rd fault key fobs don't work fitted new batteries but still no go & the alarm on the car goes off regularly when the car is locked with the key? I have been told the key fobs need reprogramming as the car battery has been disconnected? is this right?
Any help or pointers would be much appreciated!

The other Jag is a 1988 XJS V12 with electrical faults & oh boy is that another story!

Cheers all. Martin

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:53 pm
by robv12
Martin, you are nearly there

the XJS boys on the XJS BB will help you with that one

As to the V8, I reckon you may have a body processor fault, but make a post on the X308 forum and again the guys here will help you