Page 1 of 1
Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 am
by kmorrison2011279
Morning all, I am looking to replace the horrible Kenwood radio in my 1997 x300 Sovereign for an original standard radio.
I have looked on e bay but there are all kinds of different ones! can someone please post a picture of the radio I would need as I don't want to buy the wrong one. Mine has a CD changer in the boot.
Or indeed if anyone has a working one with code then please let me know.
regards
Keith
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:32 am
by cafcpete
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm
by kmorrison2011279
Thanks I have messaged you
Keith
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm
by cafcpete
Hi Keith, sorry it’s not for sale.
It was just a picture (as requested) of the correct radio that I took before installing it in my XJR6.
I believe (My specialist got it) it came from Simply Performance, who stock lots of second hand parts. It may be worth giving them a ring
https://simplyperformance.com/contact/
Good luck, the sound is outstanding if all the speakers are in good nick. Luckily mine are, but the original radio was very dead, hence the replacement one in the picture.
Peter
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:44 pm
by kmorrison2011279
Ah, no worries I was getting excited too LOL
keith
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:00 pm
by kmorrison2011279
Managed to get a fully working radio with code.
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:12 pm
by cafcpete
Excellent

Re: Original Radio
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:29 pm
by kmorrison2011279
Hi again, I have removed the modern stereo to find a right old hotch potch of wiring!
Can someone please tell me if the white connector block is for the standard AJ9500R Radio?
Also the single black wire was spliced into the stereo any idea what this is for? it came from a totally separate cable
One last thing... what does the CD changer plug look like as I'm now not sure if it's there at all?
thanks
Keith
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:31 pm
by cafcpete
Yes the white connector looks like the correct one.
There should also be a thick black earthing cable (The one you have with the spliced earth lead) that connects via a nut at the back of the radio to an earthing stud on the car.
The CD should be a round DIN table connector. There will be two of these if your car has the upgraded audio (sub woofer on rear shelf), one for the cd and one for the amplifier.
I attach a couple of photos take from here
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x ... -a-204735/
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 pm
by kmorrison2011279
That's great just what I was looking for. I have the din cable for the CD changer but alas I don't have the amp upgrade! However I do have the braided cable used for an earth.
Cheers
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 am
by kmorrison2011279
Job done, have a fully working clock display too, looks much better
thanks for helps & tips
Keith
Re: Original Radio
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 am
by cafcpete
Excellent result, they do look better!