Page 1 of 1

Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm
by timedwards
Just put the grill and front bumper back on so at long last its's starting to look like a car again, I hardly recognise it! Problem is it has been so long since I took the bumper off I can't remember if the connection arrowed was connected to anything. I don't think it was and I can't see any connection for it. Can anyone identify what it is for please? Perhaps it was an option that was not installed??

Thanks Tim
Frbumperbackonforum.jpg
Connectedqueryforum.jpg

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 pm
by Popsjag
Hi Tim,

I believe that connector goes to your front fog light. You should have a matching one on the opposite side!

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:42 pm
by timedwards
Hi Steve

I hope you are keeping well mate and enjoying the XJR! Thanks for that, I will have a look tomorrow and see. I think the connectors I unplugged I wrapped up in clingfilm/plastic to prevent moisture getting into them so I am now wondering if the fogs were disconnected at some point prior to me getting the car.

Thanks Tim

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:06 pm
by Popsjag
Yes, still enjoying the XJR but doing some major work on it at the moment - wrong forum to discuss lol :)

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm
by timedwards
Had a good look today and the fogs are connected up so it's not them and there is only one on the driver's side. the other connector goes to the water bottle so that must be the water level sensor. I am sure one of the leads was not connected up and so it must be this one but just curious as to what it might be for. I can see on diagrams that there is a 'rail' fitted to some models for the water to the headlamp washers so is it there to be fitted to this or it's pump should that option be fitted? Does anyone have a model with that option and if so does the connector look like the one in the picture? :?

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:08 pm
by damedaphne
Hello,

I’ve just gone through the wiring diagrams and the connector is for the headlight power wash pump.
It’s on the page with fig 16.1 of the X300 jaguar drawings.

Hope this helps to identify your connector!

Jamie

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 pm
by timedwards
Hi Jamie

Thanks very much for confirming that for me. I thought it was because it seemed the most likely reason since I was sure it was not connected but I am no mechanic. I will just tape it up to keep it out of the way and tidy. Now that I have almost completed the basic but heavy side of things I really do need to try to become more technical. I will have a look and see if I can make any sense out of the diagram now that you have pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers
Tim

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:29 am
by naki
This is the main loom plug that connects all the electrics in the bumper. If you try you indicators/ fogs, you will find they won't work until this is plugged in. If you can't see the receiving end of the plug easily, the loom may be tucked away somewhere hidden/ dropped down. You may need to remove the bumper again to find it. In theory it should be easily visible connected tot he bumper side, and near where the screen wash reservoir is.

Re: Electrical connector ID query

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm
by timedwards
Apologies for the original photo which had a very feint arrow so was a bit confusing. Here is a better one and looking back at my notes it was definately not connected and almost certainly for the power wash should one have been fitted. Any blanking cap must have been lost at some time so I will tape it up and put it out of harms way.
:D
Connectedqueryforum2.jpg
Onto the next job!