Page 1 of 1

XJR Wheel refurbishment

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm
by robgx300xjr
Hi All,

I dropped a set o fly XJR alloys off at a diamond cutting specialist today.

They have called and said the only solution is a re-paint, they can't diamond cut them.

Since that call, I have spoken to a specialist in Birmingham who has recommmended ceramic polishing.

But they send them off to Belgium, I have found a uk polisher - http://www.trsuk.co.uk/ceramic-polishing/

Has anyone had experience of this company or other ceramic polishers???

Cheers


Rob

Re: XJR Wheel refurbishment

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:44 pm
by robgx300xjr
Hi All,

Dropped the wheels off today - back on the 28th, so will be ready for Windsor - cutting it close....

They gave me the old centre caps - I didn't take a before shot - but after 20 years they were not looking great. A good wash, dry and ten meguairs ultimate compound, followed by autoglym HD wax. I am happy with the results.

Keep you posted on the wheels.

Re: XJR Wheel refurbishment

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:29 pm
by robgx300xjr
Collected wheels tonight - photo from the workshop - almost a chrome finish. It is much calmer when lacquered. Will do before and after shots - Very happy with new finish :D :D :D

Re: XJR Wheel refurbishment

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm
by robgx300xjr
before wheel.jpg
Before and after photo's from outside.

Re: XJR Wheel refurbishment

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm
by J44EAG
Very nice indeed. Mind the kerbs!

Mike K