No lights on dash/inertia switch tripped

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

User avatar
timedwards
Posts:95
Joined:Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm
Location:Dudley, West Midlands
Re: No lights on dash

Postby timedwards » Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 pm

O.K. so getting back to the point here is a pic of the offending inertia switch. The top is rubbery so just pressed it to reset, simple when you know how.
Inertia switch.jpg
Located LHS footwell - hope this might help someone else at some point.

By the way Peter I would be interested in your pics on the water rail job if you can post them up on the forum as I don't even know what that is but will probably need to at some point :roll:

Cheers Tim
XE R-Sport (25t) petrol - daily driver

X330 Daimler Six
Still a work in progress!

alec2824

Member
Posts:152
Joined:Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: No lights on dash/inertia switch tripped

Postby alec2824 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:04 pm

We have many experts "on hand" within the club - clearly a great resource. There are other sources of information with "How to do it" sections. One source I use are "www.jaguarforums.com" with inputs from US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and others.

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: No lights on dash/inertia switch tripped

Postby Brakebuster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:18 pm

We have many experts "on hand" within the club - clearly a great resource. There are other sources of information with "How to do it" sections. One source I use are "www.jaguarforums.com" with inputs from US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and others.
good point

but you will find a lot of us also go there as well, but good info for those that don't

some of us even use the same ' handle' as it used to be on the CB , but ' username ' is probably more relevant today , lol

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
timedwards
Posts:95
Joined:Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm
Location:Dudley, West Midlands

Re: No lights on dash/inertia switch tripped

Postby timedwards » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Absolutely, and another one I have found useful is Jag lovers forum

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/c/x300

When I wanted to drop my front suspension which is the same as the XJ40 I found a series of pics on this site but under the XJ40 section. Pics help me a lot as I find it difficult to visualise things. I do like to check things out with the experts on here first though as mistakes can be expensive and dangerous too! Can't be too careful.

Tim
XE R-Sport (25t) petrol - daily driver

X330 Daimler Six
Still a work in progress!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests