Hi would appreciate any help both door mirrors not working have checked fuses all ok wondered if anyone can give some advice as to what else to look at again would appreciate any help
Door mirrors (electric)
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
-
bobinvictoria
- Posts:4
- Joined:Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 am
XJ40 mirrors not working
My experience with exterior mirrors not working is this. In my 94 MY XJ6 (694856), the mirror memory function ceased. I found a Jaguar Technical Bulletin (86-148) that addressed this issue. After having read the bulletin and then re-gaining my breathe after learning as to what could be the cause, I removed the floor panel immediately in front of the the driver`s seat (left side in my case) to expose the ECU. I found that one of the harness plugs was loose in the ECU. Once resecured, the memory and adjustment function was restored (phew!!)
The bulletin essentially states that in VIN range 687219 - 701123 capacitors were added to the mirror motor circuit to reduce radio interference. The capacitors unfortunately created an electricial resonance that caused ECU failure. If this happened to you, you would be required to purchase left side mirror HMD-3043AC & right side mirror HMD-3042CC along with the ECU LHB-2165AA.
I do not know if there has since been established another way around this issue.
I hope this helps.
bobinvictoria
The bulletin essentially states that in VIN range 687219 - 701123 capacitors were added to the mirror motor circuit to reduce radio interference. The capacitors unfortunately created an electricial resonance that caused ECU failure. If this happened to you, you would be required to purchase left side mirror HMD-3043AC & right side mirror HMD-3042CC along with the ECU LHB-2165AA.
I do not know if there has since been established another way around this issue.
I hope this helps.
bobinvictoria
Re: XJ40 mirrors not working
Hi many thanks i will try che ck this out regards.My experience with exterior mirrors not working is this. In my 94 MY XJ6 (694856), the mirror memory function ceased. I found a Jaguar Technical Bulletin (86-148) that addressed this issue. After having read the bulletin and then re-gaining my breathe after learning as to what could be the cause, I removed the floor panel immediately in front of the the driver`s seat (left side in my case) to expose the ECU. I found that one of the harness plugs was loose in the ECU. Once resecured, the memory and adjustment function was restored (phew!!)
The bulletin essentially states that in VIN range 687219 - 701123 capacitors were added to the mirror motor circuit to reduce radio interference. The capacitors unfortunately created an electricial resonance that caused ECU failure. If this happened to you, you would be required to purchase left side mirror HMD-3043AC & right side mirror HMD-3042CC along with the ECU LHB-2165AA.
I do not know if there has since been established another way around this issue.
I hope this helps.
bobinvictoria
The bulletin essentially states that in VIN range 687219 - 701123 capacitors were added to the mirror motor circuit to reduce radio interference. The capacitors unfortunately created an electricial resonance that caused ECU failure. If this happened to you, you would be required to purchase left side mirror HMD-3043AC & right side mirror HMD-3042CC along with the ECU LHB-2165AA.
I do not know if there has since been established another way around this issue.
I hope this helps.
bobinvictoria
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests