Page 1 of 1

National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 pm
by Popsjag
If anyone is interested, I have provisionally booked a forum visit to this establishment:

The National Tramway Museum
Crich Tramway Village, nr Matlock,
Derbyshire, DE4 5DP

www.tramway.co.uk

I am hoping to include parking with classic cars & afternoon tea.
Further update when final details 'ironed out'.

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 am
by jBlackwell
Good looking day out there Pops!

Something for all the family too!!

Hope you get a good turn out.

James

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm
by robv12
in the diary

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 pm
by Popsjag
Update for this visit:

Parking all together (providing we all drive in together, so will have to organize somewhere to meet up beforehand) and on display 'in the village' - subject to confirming with the museum how many of us will be going ( as there is supposed to be a classic car event that day).

The prices I have been quoted (hopefully they won't change):
Adults - £9.00
Seniors (60+) - £8.00
Children (4-15) - £5.00
The bonus is that for every car that is displayed - the driver gets in free!

The museum opens at 10am, so ideally we'd want to get there for then.

If we want to have an afternoon tea (about 2.30pm) in a room to ourselves, it will be £12.50 per person.

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:21 am
by raysearles
I am going to put it in my diary and will update you on availability nearer the time, the Morgan trip was great so this should be a good runout too.

Cheers

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:53 pm
by BigCatXJS
This will make a nice day out. In the diary - will firm-up closer to the time. Hopefully will be my XJ40 else XJS :D

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:51 pm
by Popsjag
Just an update for everyone.

Prices are in fact as follows:
Driver is free (if displaying vehicle);
Adult is £10;
Senior is £9;
Child is £6.

I haven't made further enquiries about afternoon teas (at £12.50 each) as I thought it might put people off by bumping up the costs - anyway I'm sure we can congregate somewhere together to 'refuel'!!

If you are interested, please email me at:
steve.howard@jec.org.uk
and I will send you the booking form & conditions - can't send pdf's on here!

The Event (on the form) is 'Car Rally' - Jaguar Enthusiasts Club X300 Forum & the date is Sunday 15th May 2016.

Please let me know when you have prebooked, so I can have some idea of how many of us are attending.

Many Thanks.

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:40 pm
by Popsjag
Here is a link to my dropbox for the correct booking form:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x6l64274jlu ... _PPga?dl=0

Please remember to let me know your name & car details when you have booked.

Thanks,
Steve.

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 pm
by Popsjag
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about our up and coming visit.

I trust you have all received your tickets and windscreen passes?

May I suggest that we meet up at 1 point and drive in together - that way we should get to park up all together!

There doesn't appear to be any safe places to congregate near to the museum, so may I suggest meeting at the BP Stanwick Services, just off the A38 - for 9.30am?

This is about 15 minutes from the museum - and you can refuel - if you need to!!

A map can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hp0au7k38lh6 ... 9.doc?dl=0

The meeting point is 'A' on the map.

If anyone knows anywhere better, please feel free to speak up beforehand.

My mobile number is 07814 429606 - take it with you, just in case you have any problems on the day.

The only list of attendees I have is:
1. Myself & Angie
2. Richard & Sue Bowles + 2
3. Ken Lea + 3
4. Phil Dyer
5. Gary Knight + 1 (TBC)

If anyone else has pre-booked with the museum (and are attending with us) please let me know.
Thanks.

I hope that meets with everyone's approval & look forward to meeting you all on the day.

Best Regards,
Steve.

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 am
by BigCatXJS
Hi Steve,

Just a quick note to say thanks for organising this. The family and I had a great day and its was good to meet and greet folks.

Cheers, Rich

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:32 pm
by jBlackwell
Hey guys,
Great weather for it, hope it all went well. Pictures always appreciated if you can :)

Thank you Steve for organising what sounds like a great day for members.

Cheers

James

Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm
by Popsjag
Glad you and your family enjoyed it Rich.

I've attached a link to my dropbox with a few photos in it!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pywrxt62j6c ... WI8Ua?dl=0

I didn't get a great deal of photos as too busy riding on the trams and perusing over the 200 cars on display!!