Page 1 of 1

October Get-together

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:17 pm
by Popsjag
Seeing as it is 20 years, this October, since the first X300 came off the production line, I thought I would try and arrange two little jaunts for us without too much expenditure for us all. Yes, you did hear right….TWO!

The reasoning behind this is that some people north of the’border’ may not want to travel too far down south and likewise, people from down south may not want to venture over the ‘border’.
So what I have proposed (and hopefully all interested parties will be satisfied) is this:

On Sunday 5th October, I have (preliminary for 20 cars) arranged a get-together at the Raf Cosford Museum. Obviously they charge for parking and if we want a guided tour, it will cost £20 per 15 persons. Museum opens at 10am.

On Friday 10th October, I was going to suggest a meet-up at Pitlochry (A9, Bonnie Scotland), possibly about 11am. Then do a nice scenic run down to Rannoch Train Station, where we can get refreshments, before returning to Pitlochry. Also, if anyone fancied stopping on (I will be) until it gets dark, we could finish off with a visit to the Enchanted Forest (although there is a charge of £18 per adult (less for children). This event lasts for 60 to 90 minutes and you can more details from www.enchantedforest.org.uk. Tickets have to be prebooked and access is by shuttle bus from Pitlochry.
If anyone knows the area well, I would be grateful if they could advise on where to meet up initially.

Oh, and yes…I will be going to both events, providing there is enough interest generated!
Please let me know your thoughts!! :?

Steve.

Re: October Get-together

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:06 am
by jBlackwell
Hi Pops,
Im jealous now! Pitlochry is a beautiful place. There is a gorgeous lake a short walk from the Bells mixing plant (I call it that in my uneducated mind as Bells is a Blend of other malts if I remember correctly) with a great cafe on the waters edge. Had many a breakfast there watching the anglers leave for a day of sport.

Shame it is too far for me to take the jaunt. Would recommend to anyone, some great roads around there.

James

Re: October Get-together

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm
by Popsjag
James,

Bit far for me just for a jaunt. That's why I planned the two - the Cosford Museum is on the Sunday, then I'm off to Ayr for Monday to Thursday, then up to Pitlochry for the Friday, back home Saturday!

Can you make the Cosford Museum?

Steve.

p.s. already planning into 2015!!