Page 1 of 1

20 Years of the X300

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am
by Popsjag
Hi to everyone of you X300 owners!

Who would be interested in doing something to celebrate 20 years since the first X300 came off the production line?

This is just an idea at the moment guys (and gals!) :wink: - as I'm still finding my feet, but I know that there is fellow enthusiasts out there to guide me.

Let me know your thoughts please! :D

Steve.

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 pm
by andypryce
Sounds good, what have you got in mind?

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 am
by Popsjag
Hi Andy,

I'm not ignoring your question - I'm just making enquiries before I say anything.
don't want to mess up on my first attempt!! :roll:

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 am
by thejpster
Sounds great. Maybe you should call the Range Rover club - the 38A came out at the same time. Love the edition of Autocar when they test them both. Found a copy in the library at Gaydon.

Will they have a special display at Thoresby?

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 am
by Popsjag
Ok peoples! How about a VIP package at the Cosford Air Show, on Sunday 8th June 2014?
Cost would be £110 per adult; £85 per child (12-15 yrs); £65 per child (4-11 yrs).
For that you get your own vip route in & parking area, marquee & lawned viewing area, morning coffee & biscuits, buffet lunch, afternoon tea & cakes & if that's not enough, there is a refreshment bar (at extra cost). :P

Obviously (because I'm not a travel agent & abta protected!) each interested party would have to book it directly.

The contact to book it with (sooner the better) is Marilyn Summer on 01902 377922.

Please can interested parties also let me know, so I can keep a tally on who's willing to go (or not!).

I will be, but as I've just changed jobs, I've got to wait til payday!! :cry:

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:14 pm
by thejpster
While that does sound like fun (and +1 for being child friendly), I'm afraid that's a bit too expensive for me, even with my eldest being under the charging threshold.

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 pm
by dhdove
PopsJag

If you want some ideas take a look at the XjS Bulletin Board events pages. We've been running events for XJS Bulletin Board members for several years now, mainly museum/places of interest visits with a run combined.
No need to re-invent the wheel!

Best
TonyS

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm
by andypryce
X300 now gone via ebay :(

But high mileage XJR (featured in magazine), now taken off Rob's hands for a few quid :D

Re: 20 Years of the X300

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
by Popsjag
Tony S,

Thanks for your comments. I will do just that. Cheers :)