Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

User avatar
Popsjag

Moderator
Posts:415
Joined:Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Location:Deeside, North Wales
Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby Popsjag » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Since this is only just down the road from the Haynes Motor Museum, perhaps it would be good to gatecrash, er I mean pay them a visit in the afternoon? :?

On the off chance anyone is interested, I have taken the liberty to book a visit from 2pm.
I am hoping this will give us time to get from Sparkford & get some refreshments in the Swordfish Restaurant (adjacent to the Museum entrance) before going in.

More info available here: www.fleetairarm.com

Cost per person (for museum) is currently £10 (for 15+ people), but is going up slightly (not able to confirm yet) next year.

Please let me know either on here or via my usual email address.

Cheers,
Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB

PauliePorg
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Re: Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby PauliePorg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi, just found this post and I wondered if I could clarify your agenda that day and discover whether or not there were still spaces? I am from East Sussex but will be staying just south of Shepton Mallet for the classic car show that weekend, which makes an easy run to Haynes. Are you meeting there in the morning and then dropping down to Yeovilton and if so, what time at Haynes?

Not done posting before so hope this comes out alright. Also have a cat dancing on the keyboard and mouse (obviously) so typing not easy!

Pauline

User avatar
Popsjag

Moderator
Posts:415
Joined:Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Location:Deeside, North Wales

Re: Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby Popsjag » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:55 am

Hi Pauline.

The plan is to meet at Haynes to start tour at 10am.
Once we have finished at Haynes, move on to Fleet Air Arm Museum for 2pm - although time not set in stone!

I haven't had any feedback from anyone (except yourself) about how many want to go to F.A.A., but as it is so close to Haynes Museum I thought it was a good idea!

Anyway, my good lady and myself will be going, so the more the merrier!!

Regards,
Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB

PauliePorg
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Re: Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby PauliePorg » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I will see you Haynes at 10.00am. Apart from not having a buttonhole in which to put a carnation, you will recognise me by my stick, grey hair and overall shortness and roundness!

If nobody else fancies the museum, you might like to consider postponing that part of your day out until 11th July when it is their Airday and the Vulcan will be displaying! Obviously I have no idea from where you are travelling so my suggestion may be a complete non-starter!

Regards,

Pauline

pkperrins@gmail.com

User avatar
Popsjag

Moderator
Posts:415
Joined:Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Location:Deeside, North Wales

Re: Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby Popsjag » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:41 am

I planned it around a long holiday as I live in North Wales.
Look forward to meeting you - are you coming alone or bringing company?

Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB

User avatar
Popsjag

Moderator
Posts:415
Joined:Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Location:Deeside, North Wales

Re: Fleet Air Arm Museum - Saturday 13th June 2015

Postby Popsjag » Thu May 21, 2015 4:37 pm

As there has been no feedback about this visit, I have taken the liberty of cancelling it. Haynes visit earlier in the day will still go ahead.

Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests