Page 1 of 1
Vehicle Registration plate
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 pm
by richard4951
my car's vehicle reg plate usually found on inner wing is missing. it was not there in 1983 when I bought car , I believe the car had a new wing fitted in the past and it was presumably never replaced. I have the original log book etc so believe the car to be genuine. How do I go about obtaining a replacement plate complete with chassis number etc stamped on. I purchased a blank plate at a spares day but don't know the official way of getting it stamped.
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:38 pm
by velosolex50
Find someone with a set of letter / number punches & just do it.....there is no hallmark or seal!
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:06 pm
by stuarthardy
Hi Richard
Most engineering shops will have a set of stamps but if you don't know anybody then you'll probaly have to pay the going workshop charge rate, which is usually a lot less than garages and main dealers charge.
If you feel like doing it yourself Screwfix sell a set of 4 mm high letter and number stamps for £12.26. You probably couldn't do a worse job than whoever stamped my Daimler's plate in 1969.
Good Luck
Stuart
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:50 pm
by richard4951
many thanks to both for your advice, I will have a go myself
Richard