MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 pm
by LHR
I am getting ready to install my new stainless steel exhaust system sourced from SNG Barrett on my 64 MK2. Any tips or suggestions on the install process, sequence of components and etc?
Thanks very much!
Re: MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 pm
by piman
Hello LHR,
assemble the whole system loosely and align to suit the car, only then tighten each joint in turn, ensuring true alignment. I.e., do not fit the front pipe and tighten the joint, then the next section, tighten and so on. Personally I use copper slip on the pipe joints and fasteners as it makes dismantling easier some time in the future.
Alec
Re: MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 pm
by LHR
Just to get back to the Forum with an update, I finished the trial installation of the exhaust system. This is essentially a test install as I am assembling all of the major systems on the car and then disassembling for bodywork and paint. This is a link to the page on my website addressing the exhaust system installation should anyone be interested. Thanks.
Lin
http://valvechatter.us/?p=4176