I am getting ready to install my new stainless steel exhaust system sourced from SNG Barrett on my 64 MK2. Any tips or suggestions on the install process, sequence of components and etc?
Thanks very much!
MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Lin
1964 Jaguar MK2 3.8 MOD currently in restoration
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye
1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI BT7 - first car I ever owned and still have it!
1969 MB 280SL
1987 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Spider
1964 Jaguar MK2 3.8 MOD currently in restoration
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye
1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI BT7 - first car I ever owned and still have it!
1969 MB 280SL
1987 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Spider
Re: MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Hello LHR,
assemble the whole system loosely and align to suit the car, only then tighten each joint in turn, ensuring true alignment. I.e., do not fit the front pipe and tighten the joint, then the next section, tighten and so on. Personally I use copper slip on the pipe joints and fasteners as it makes dismantling easier some time in the future.
Alec
assemble the whole system loosely and align to suit the car, only then tighten each joint in turn, ensuring true alignment. I.e., do not fit the front pipe and tighten the joint, then the next section, tighten and so on. Personally I use copper slip on the pipe joints and fasteners as it makes dismantling easier some time in the future.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Re: MK2 3.8 MOD LHD Exhaust Installation
Just to get back to the Forum with an update, I finished the trial installation of the exhaust system. This is essentially a test install as I am assembling all of the major systems on the car and then disassembling for bodywork and paint. This is a link to the page on my website addressing the exhaust system installation should anyone be interested. Thanks.
Lin
http://valvechatter.us/?p=4176
Lin
http://valvechatter.us/?p=4176
Lin
1964 Jaguar MK2 3.8 MOD currently in restoration
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye
1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI BT7 - first car I ever owned and still have it!
1969 MB 280SL
1987 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Spider
1964 Jaguar MK2 3.8 MOD currently in restoration
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye
1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI BT7 - first car I ever owned and still have it!
1969 MB 280SL
1987 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Spider
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest