Devon to Zimbabwe

Moderator:cstorey

Car-Nut
Posts:172
Joined:Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm
Location:Lancashire
Contact:
Devon to Zimbabwe

Postby Car-Nut » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Since requesting in the JEC magazine for articles from owners on Mk10 / 420G I have received a variety
of articles from Devon to Zimbabwe.

All have gone to Nigel and will no doubt will be drip fed to the readers in the future issues of JEC magazine.

A guy called David recently sent me this text and images:

Hopefuly you will be able to use these pictures taken in Bulawayo Zimbabwe.
Although no longer on the road I think this car originated here and
looks rust free. Dave Gill member 5955


Image

Image

Image

After sending a e-communication across to Dave I was pleased to receive a prompt reply and a couple
more images:

The 1st pictures I sent were taken in 2009. I went today to the place
it is standing and took these two.
Sorry I was a bit rushed!
There's a header tank installed over the n/s front wheel arch where it
looks as though the vehicle details should be so couldn't get anything
off that. The only number I could see was what I assume is the body
number stamped on the o/s wheel arch which looked like GID 55888 BW.
The owner left here in I think 2008 and is living in the UK. The car
has been stading out in the sun since that time. Body and seats look
to be in good condition though.
Sorry can't tell you much more. My car is an '85 XJ6 imported by me in '98.
Can try to get more info if you want it.


Image

Image

Can anyone here shed some light on this car :?:

I dont think those seats are the standard colour
:?:
Clive
(Car- Nut)
MK7, 8 & 9 Forum Co-ordinator
&
MK10 420G Forum Co-ordinator

:arrow: 1970 - 420G - WiP
:arrow: 1962 - E-Type FHC
:arrow: 1997 - X330 4.0


Car-Nut
Posts:172
Joined:Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm
Location:Lancashire
Contact:

Re: Devon to Zimbabwe

Postby Car-Nut » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Well, this story is growing and growing….

Emails have been pinging back and forth between Zimbabwe:

Hi Clive Hope these are OK for you? I couldn't get into the boot as it
was locked. As you can probably see has an indicated 85,000+ miles on
the clock
Surprisingly the seats look in good condition but there are no inside
door cards at all. Body is in good condition with only the surface
rust that you see. The licence disc ion the window epired at the end
of january 2000.
The owner is living in the UK and I could probably get in touch with him.


So as you can see its been standing about 11yrs here are the last images received:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I now await to hear from the actual owner who is now in the UK ….

So for the fully story keep an eye out in the MK10 420G section of the JEC Magazine.

Any interesting stories about your Mk10 or 420G please email them to me
:wink:
Clive
(Car- Nut)
MK7, 8 & 9 Forum Co-ordinator
&
MK10 420G Forum Co-ordinator

:arrow: 1970 - 420G - WiP
:arrow: 1962 - E-Type FHC
:arrow: 1997 - X330 4.0



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests