Page 1 of 1
mk2 3.4 1961
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am
by garywolves
hi not sure im on wright page have just got my first mk2 can anyone tell the best anti freeze to use please
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am
by piman
Hello Gary,
do not use the modern OAT antifreeze as it's not compatible with older engines, usually it is reddish in colour, ethylene glycol, which is usually blue is the one to use. I've never looked at different makes, I just buy what is available. Just read the information on the container.
Alec
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm
by PPV
Hi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:49 am
by garywolves
Hi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
hi paul thanks for info