Radiator fan cowl

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

ashcloud
Posts:129
Joined:Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm
Radiator fan cowl

Postby ashcloud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi
I am working on my MK2 3.8 and the Radiator fan cowl had been messed with and looks aweful, so I decided to replace it.
Does anyone know what the original color of that Radiator fan cowl was. Mine is painted with some silver paint.
Since I want to make sure I get the correct type and size I wanted to ask Your experience with that.
Did anyone of You buy the one from SNG-Barratt?
Jaguar MK2 3.8 1963/64
Thanks
Bernhard

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: Radiator fan cowl

Postby piman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello Bernhard,

mine is a very dark colour, nearly black and unpainted?

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

ashcloud
Posts:129
Joined:Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Radiator fan cowl

Postby ashcloud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks, do You think Yours is still the original or was it ever replaced?
Bernhard

ashcloud
Posts:129
Joined:Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Radiator fan cowl

Postby ashcloud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Oh, I also read that they are (or some replacement) made of some fiber material??? Not shure about that, but mine is definitely not metal.
Bernhard

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: Radiator fan cowl

Postby piman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello Bernhard,

I'm sure mine hasn't been replaced and perhaps I should have mentioned that it is some sort of plastic, the colour being the natural colour of the plastic.

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

ashcloud
Posts:129
Joined:Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Radiator fan cowl

Postby ashcloud » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks Alec
So I can go ahead and buy that radiator cowl. Obviously it is some sort of fibre plastic.
Thanks a lot for Your help
Bernhard


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests