Hi, I can get two fingers, not three, between front tyre top and wheel arch - springs are a few years old, but have been replaced - I was told by a MK2 'expert' that "she looks a bit low at the front - should be able to fit three fingers" - hence I have developed a little paranoia and rather anti social (and presumably quite weird to the casual observer) habit - that of checking every other MK2 I see with my fingers! - I had lots of fun in the Goodwood Revival car park last year - question is, do I need to fit new springs, or is 'two fingers' fine?? (most I have checked are closer to two than three fingers I have to say....)
Cheers
Buzz
How many fingers?
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Re: How many fingers?
Hello Buzz,
are you happy with the way the car drives? If so I wouldn't be worried, personally I'd prefer slightly low than high.
Alec
are you happy with the way the car drives? If so I wouldn't be worried, personally I'd prefer slightly low than high.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Re: How many fingers?
Hi Alec, yes, drives well and no 'contact'/ scuffing - so I tend to agree with you - and I do think the MK2 looks a bit silly if it's too high at the front...
P.S I am thrilled to have just received a (looks NOS)replacement steering wheel badge bought off e Bay - the red one from the early MK2 - pretty rare item - only the second I have seen in 2 years....mine is faded and scruffy, so the new one will look superb...
And the sun is shining...happy days!
P.S I am thrilled to have just received a (looks NOS)replacement steering wheel badge bought off e Bay - the red one from the early MK2 - pretty rare item - only the second I have seen in 2 years....mine is faded and scruffy, so the new one will look superb...
And the sun is shining...happy days!
Re: How many fingers?
My S type scuffs with new springs and shocks.
I think the rubber blocks are shot.
I think the rubber blocks are shot.
Simon
Brighton
Sussex
Brighton
Sussex
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: How many fingers?
I think the standard of after market springs for Jaguars is appalling, as is the case for just about every re-manufactured Jaguar part.
The really good springs are hard to come by as you often have to wait for a batch to be made.
Dampers are fine because they are from good brands and, in the main, well made.
Regards
The really good springs are hard to come by as you often have to wait for a batch to be made.
Dampers are fine because they are from good brands and, in the main, well made.
Regards
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests