Front coil springs Daimler v8 250.
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:42 pm
Hello all,
Has anyone found that fitting replacement front springs caused the vehicle to sit too high ? I did this on my S Type some years ago and it did sit far too high. Did not look right. Springs were from SNG Barratt so should have been correct spec .
Will soon do same job on the Daimler soon and I have a nasty gut feeling same will happen again ! Does anyone really know the OE spec of the springs ? I assume , maybe wrongly, that people such as Barratts and Manners et al go to the same supplier. Do these suppliers have the specs from Jaguar I wonder. Or is it educated guesswork "! ? If so it's not right. Im don't want to fit them and then have to remove
Be interested to know your experiences. Many thanks.
IAN.
Has anyone found that fitting replacement front springs caused the vehicle to sit too high ? I did this on my S Type some years ago and it did sit far too high. Did not look right. Springs were from SNG Barratt so should have been correct spec .
Will soon do same job on the Daimler soon and I have a nasty gut feeling same will happen again ! Does anyone really know the OE spec of the springs ? I assume , maybe wrongly, that people such as Barratts and Manners et al go to the same supplier. Do these suppliers have the specs from Jaguar I wonder. Or is it educated guesswork "! ? If so it's not right. Im don't want to fit them and then have to remove
Be interested to know your experiences. Many thanks.
IAN.