Ensuring longevity of rear springs
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:49 pm
The more I read up on this, the more confused I get. I bought new rear leaf springs from SNG Barratt, and note that they have no friction pads or buttons between the leaves. Before I install them, can anyone please advise on the best way to treat them./ My restorer has suggested wrapping in Denso tape, others recommend painting, whilst using oil or grease are other recommendations. I have also read, although from non Jaguar sources, about UHMD low friction tape, installed between the leaves of the spring. My concerns are - optimum performance of the spring, absence of squeaks, and longevity.
I would be grateful for any advice, as I need to make a decision as soon as possible
I would be grateful for any advice, as I need to make a decision as soon as possible