Page 1 of 1

Scuttle panel vent

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm
by JAGAZ
Does anyone know what type of mesh should be fitted and where i could get some please.Mine had none when i bought the car and haven`t found any pics any where,cheers,Howard.

Re: Scuttle panel vent

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 pm
by peterdpps
It is standard expanded metal mesh [with a flattened diamond shape] and should be available from almost any small metal stockholder. Mine has always been painted body colour on my 240 but I think that on earlier cars it may have been black.
Have you tried the usual Jag suppliers like SNG Barratt, David Manners or Martin Robey?
From memory there are two setscrews which secure it but they are a bit of a fiddle. I think I took the flap off when I replaced mine.

Re: Scuttle panel vent

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:13 pm
by JAGAZ
Thanks for that ,i know the type of mesh you speak of and have some handy at work.Luckily the screws are present ,just missing the mesh.I`ve managed to find a pic on jag-lovers web site so i`ll have a bash at making it myself.Cardboard 1st then the real thing.Again ,thanks very much for confirming what i suspected.

Re: Scuttle panel vent

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm
by peterdpps
You are more than welcome.