Carpets

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

Martin
Posts:33
Joined:Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:06 pm
Carpets

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:27 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy new carpets? I know the names of some suppliers such as Aldridge, BAS, Coverdale but I'm interested in first hand experience of quality, fit, service etc.

Thanks

Martin


cross
Posts:15
Joined:Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:29 am
Location:Angle, Nr.Pembroke

Carpets

Postby cross » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:25 am

Hi Martin
In 1998 I fully restored my 1964 2.5 V8 including recarpeting etc.
At the time I used a company called Barry Hankinson Ltd., but unfortunately that did not go too well.
Eventually I sorted everything out via the factory he used - BAS Ltd. Cwmbran.
After some minor adjustments made by the factory - the carpets fitted perfectly : they were well made and I was very happy with the end result.
I still have the car and the carpets look good today - I would recommend BAS based on the product I received from them then (9 years ago)

Colin Ross


rufus
Posts:1
Joined:Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:07 am
Location:sheffield

carpet

Postby rufus » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:12 am

hi martin you could try carpet right i had a full house fitted for £1300 and they did a good job.
regards
neil


jagga63
Posts:1
Joined:Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 am
Location:Cumbria

John Skinner

Postby jagga63 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:16 am

Hello,
I sent for samples from John Skinner and they did not at all look the same as my original carpet. :( The colour did not match I am looking for a beige carpet. Also the sample had much shorter pile than the original. Can anyone please recommend a supplier that would have a close to orginal type carpet.

Thanks Per


HIDDENalan22
Posts:5
Joined:Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Postby HIDDENalan22 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

i also used bas and found them to be very helpful and the quality excellent i fitted a full carpet set over six years ago and they still look great not the cheapest but value for money.regards alan

david340
Posts:108
Joined:Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Postby david340 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm just looking for a reasonable but cheap carpet set for my 340, any colour considered, please can anyone suggest a supplier or source for a secondhand set as i'd consider that route also??.................


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests