S-Type Part number - front brace(s)
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:25 pm
Hi all,
I'm trying to track down what part I need to buy to replace the braces that are at the front of the car between each chassis rail and front cross member.
On page 373 plate 76 in the S-Type book of parts I've ordered and received parts 4 (cross member) 5 (cross member closing plate) 6 (LH & RH outer braces)
Looking in the parts book it may be I'm looking for something related to the LH and TH valance(s) but I'm not sure. I've taken a picture which shows the swiss cheese view of the o/s front looking up you can see what's left of the cross member, outer brace and the bit I'm looking for.
tbc it looks straight forward to fabricate - but if I can save time and effort....
All advice gratefully received
Steve
I'm trying to track down what part I need to buy to replace the braces that are at the front of the car between each chassis rail and front cross member.
On page 373 plate 76 in the S-Type book of parts I've ordered and received parts 4 (cross member) 5 (cross member closing plate) 6 (LH & RH outer braces)
Looking in the parts book it may be I'm looking for something related to the LH and TH valance(s) but I'm not sure. I've taken a picture which shows the swiss cheese view of the o/s front looking up you can see what's left of the cross member, outer brace and the bit I'm looking for.
tbc it looks straight forward to fabricate - but if I can save time and effort....
All advice gratefully received
Steve