Hi all,
I'm trying to track down what part I need to buy to replace the braces that are at the front of the car between each chassis rail and front cross member.
On page 373 plate 76 in the S-Type book of parts I've ordered and received parts 4 (cross member) 5 (cross member closing plate) 6 (LH & RH outer braces)
Looking in the parts book it may be I'm looking for something related to the LH and TH valance(s) but I'm not sure. I've taken a picture which shows the swiss cheese view of the o/s front looking up you can see what's left of the cross member, outer brace and the bit I'm looking for.
tbc it looks straight forward to fabricate - but if I can save time and effort....
All advice gratefully received
Steve
S-Type Part number - front brace(s)
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
steve.pritchard146

- Posts:69
- Joined:Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 am
- Location:Calne
Current:
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
Re: S-Type Part number - front brace(s)
Hello Steve,
that is slightly fifferent to the Mk 2 I'm used to but I think it is the radiator support bracket you need, these are handed (On the Mk 2 anyway?)
I get my panels from Martin Robey and there are diagrams on that website of the panels and layout of them.
Alec
that is slightly fifferent to the Mk 2 I'm used to but I think it is the radiator support bracket you need, these are handed (On the Mk 2 anyway?)
I get my panels from Martin Robey and there are diagrams on that website of the panels and layout of them.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
-
steve.pritchard146

- Posts:69
- Joined:Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 am
- Location:Calne
Re: S-Type Part number - front brace(s)
Just to let you know I’ve tracked down and ordered some - thanks for the steer
Current:
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests