Page 1 of 1
Rear wheel arch repair panel
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm
by timwingate
Does anybody know if there is a rear wheel arch repair panel available for the classic S Type? I can find the entire lower half rear wing but this is much more metal than I need and it isn't exactly cheap.
Re: Rear wheel arch repair panel
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 pm
by lornemalvo
If all else fails, have you considered asking a local fabrication company to make one? You would probably have to take the piece you take out as a pattern part, but it could be a relatively economical way forward
Re: Rear wheel arch repair panel
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 am
by piman
Hello Tim,
if you haven't already, have a check on the Martin Robey website, if he doesn't do one then I don't think they will be available. Do check other repair sections that may be close to what you require and can be reworked to do the job?
Alec
Re: Rear wheel arch repair panel
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 pm
by timwingate
Thanks guys, I'm going to get the local bodyshop to fabricate a piece unless the rot is more extensive than we think, in which case Martin Robey sells the half wing panel significantly cheaper than anywhere else I've found (about £200)
Re: Rear wheel arch repair panel
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm
by badhuis
Did you get a repair panel? My car is in need of the same and as it is a panel with lots of curves, it is pretty hard to fabricate.