I read in a book/magazine (not JEC) that the bonnet on a MKII is the same part that was fitted to a 420 - and I’m guessing from that, an S Type too?
Can anyone confirm that this is correct – or not – please?
The text in the article, talking about a 420, read as follows:-
‘The model introduced in 1966 also had the front redesigned along the lines of the MK X with a four-headlamp lighting system but retained the original MK 2 bonnet to save extensive re-tooling’
The part number I have in my 420 (Daimler) manual is 11364.
Cheers, Mac.
420 MKII bonnet question.
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Mac Booker
Current vehicles: 1969 Daimler 420 auto. 2015 Jaguar XE 340 S auto.
Previous outings: 1966 MKII 3.4 auto. 1966 3.8 S Type auto. 2002 XKR convertible.
Current vehicles: 1969 Daimler 420 auto. 2015 Jaguar XE 340 S auto.
Previous outings: 1966 MKII 3.4 auto. 1966 3.8 S Type auto. 2002 XKR convertible.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
