Page 1 of 1

Servo replement

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 am
by alcmk2
Can you please advise the removal sequence for a servo on the Mark 2. Most of the connections are off but the hydraulic connection on the top at the front of the unit, next to the larger atmosphere connection is partially obscured by the wheelarch. Can you remove the shroud from the wheel arch?

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:10 pm
by ecosselynx
Hi

Yes, if you remove the shroud this should make things easier for you.

regards

John H.

Servo replement

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 pm
by alcmk2
Many thanks for your reply, I believe that the three longer studs on the servo unit are also part of the attachment of the servo to the wheel arch.With your help and what I now know, I hope to have the new unit on this week end (weather permitting)


Regards Alan

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 pm
by ecosselynx
Hi Alan

Yes, remove the nut's from the three long studs from the servo and the mounting bolts of the shroud, these are supposed have captive nuts, which holder slip onto the metal of the inner wing (depending how original your car is).
I never had my shroud off until two years ago when the servo gave-up an I had to change it. Old servo still had the 1963 date tag on it, so guess I can't complane.

good luck and let's know how you get on.

John H.

Servo replement

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am
by alcmk2
Just noticed the subject is "Servo Replement"! Still it got a few views! I will remember this if I ever have trouble with the clotch or the badywork not to mention the alactricals

Regards Alan

Servo Replacement

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:43 pm
by alcmk2
At last! I finally completed the job yesterdaythere was the inevitable one stud that would not move, but using my secret weapon of lashings of plus gas and my Irwin stud remover it gave up the ghost. Watjag kindly sent some replacement cross headed screws and studs,I attached the servo to the shroud then lined it up with the stud holes got a stud and one cross headed screw in then finally replaced everything. Took the car for a blast round the neighbourhood yesterday. I was worried for a while because there was still clouds of white smoke coming out the back, but this gradually eased after some time. Now the big question is hopefully no more brake fluid has leaked!
Thanks again for your support if ever you see HKT 149D in your travels that will be us.

Regards Alan