Rear Axle Ratio
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:16 pm
Hello All,
Further to my Quest to find a 3.31 ratio rear axle for my 1964 Mk2. I have been offered a 3.31 ratio Jaguar Salisbury LSD rear axle suitable for overhauling and hopefully, fitting into my MK2 diff housing.
The vendor is a reputable Jaguar Repairer but has not carried out such a conversion himself and is therefore not able to be certain that it will be suitable. He confirms that it is a normal Jaguar/Salisbury Diff out of a V12 E Type or V12 XJ
I would be grateful for any opinions on this as I don't want to purchase and pay for collection only to find it unsuitable.
Ecosse Lynx perhaps you could help as I believe that you have carried out this conversion yourself.
I would be grateful for any help.
Regards,
Barry153
Further to my Quest to find a 3.31 ratio rear axle for my 1964 Mk2. I have been offered a 3.31 ratio Jaguar Salisbury LSD rear axle suitable for overhauling and hopefully, fitting into my MK2 diff housing.
The vendor is a reputable Jaguar Repairer but has not carried out such a conversion himself and is therefore not able to be certain that it will be suitable. He confirms that it is a normal Jaguar/Salisbury Diff out of a V12 E Type or V12 XJ
I would be grateful for any opinions on this as I don't want to purchase and pay for collection only to find it unsuitable.
Ecosse Lynx perhaps you could help as I believe that you have carried out this conversion yourself.
I would be grateful for any help.
Regards,
Barry153