I have a problem with clutch replacement.
I have a 2.4 MOD. 1967.
The engine number is BJ7593-8.
The gearbox has reverse at top left and is very 'long throw'.
It has a 91/2" spring friction plate.
I was sent a 9" plate . Although the same number of splines they are a different size. So it's back to the drawing board.
Please can anyone advise me!
It has been suggested that it is a 240 although it has wide bumpers and leather seats and bears a Mk 2 badge.
Clutch plate sizes.
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Re: Clutch plate sizes.
martin8462003590,
Although not definitive (as Jaguar used somewhat variable naming conventions for registartion), what does your V5 say?
I believe that MOST "Jaguar Mk II" cars are registered as that with the DVLA, with 240s being registered as "Jaguar 240". A quick check with Jaguar Heritage and you can get a Heritage certificate which will confirm exactly what car you have.
Cheers
Paul
Although not definitive (as Jaguar used somewhat variable naming conventions for registartion), what does your V5 say?
I believe that MOST "Jaguar Mk II" cars are registered as that with the DVLA, with 240s being registered as "Jaguar 240". A quick check with Jaguar Heritage and you can get a Heritage certificate which will confirm exactly what car you have.
Cheers
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
