Hello All,
Can anyone tell me if my 1964 Mk2 (3.8litre) on SU carbs should have 2 return springs on the linkage or one?
Mine has only one on the throttle lever but i have seen articles where a carburettor spindle return spring is mentioned also.
My engine number is--LC9126-9 and chassis number-- 232487DN
Any help gratefully received.
Barry 153
Carburettor linkage
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Re: Carburettor linkage
Hi, Barry,
There should be two return springs. A long one goes from the rear carb to a short bracket attached to the oil filter housing and a shorter one goes from the forward carb to a 'Y' shaped bracket which is itself attached to the carb's two lower attachment studs. I don't think they changed the arrangement to just one spring.
Best wishes,
There should be two return springs. A long one goes from the rear carb to a short bracket attached to the oil filter housing and a shorter one goes from the forward carb to a 'Y' shaped bracket which is itself attached to the carb's two lower attachment studs. I don't think they changed the arrangement to just one spring.
Best wishes,
Neil
Mk2 3.8; X350 4.2SE
Mk2 3.8; X350 4.2SE
Re: Carburettor linkage
Ours has two springs as Neil says.
Brian
Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
Re: Carburettor linkage
Thanks for your help.
I have now ordered a second spring so we shall see!
I may as well have it right.
Thanks again,
Barry.
I have now ordered a second spring so we shall see!
I may as well have it right.
Thanks again,
Barry.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
