Page 1 of 1

Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 pm
by Car-Nut
I was with someone today who showed me
an engine out of a 2.4 mk2.

On the block however it had Jaguar 3.5 any clues :?:

Re: Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:24 pm
by ecosselynx
Hi Clive

The 3.4/3.8 engine blocks have the same. I think it was probably just Jaguar saving money. Copied the same pattern and just shortened it for casting the 2.4 blocks.

Any more thoughts!

Re: Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:50 pm
by Martec
Is it a 3.4/3.8 engine fitted into a 2.4 car.

The engine code will give the game away

BG on 2.4 engines
KG on 3.4 engines and
LA on 3.8's

Brian

Re: Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm
by Car-Nut
I was with someone today who showed me
an engine out of a 2.4 mk2.


Brian, they believe its a 2.4

Re: Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:20 pm
by ecosselynx
Hi Clive

You'll know by the block height, 2.4 is about 2.!!!! shorter than a 3.4/8. As Brian said check the number. Another quick observation would be the carb mounting on the inlet manifold.

Re: Mk2 Engine Question

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:32 pm
by Car-Nut
Thanks gents..

I will report back soon :)