pancake air filters

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

Volvo

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am
pancake air filters

Postby Volvo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 pm

I want to replace the 'frying pan' air filter on my Mk2 3.4 1967 with pancakes - any suggestions / recommendations? Richard

340jag
Posts:165
Joined:Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: pancake air filters

Postby 340jag » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:29 am

I got some years back , was not many years before the foam filter started to fall to bits , I did replace it with wire from one of the kitchen pads .
I don't use them anymore , PM me if you are interested to buy , I will send you pics , think they are stainless steel !

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: pancake air filters

Postby piman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 am

Hello Richard,

I have no personal experience but I have read lots of mostly negative views on other forums due to their restrictive nature. Compared to the Cooper standard fitting pancake filters are very much smaller in area.
Your car, your choice?

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: pancake air filters

Postby PPV » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 am

I have found the standard filter very good and lasts well.
Regards,
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest