distributor clamp

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

Volvo

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am
distributor clamp

Postby Volvo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:10 pm

I am about to fit an Acuspark electronic ignition, should be simple, but getting to the distributor clamp is a bugger - any tips?

Richard

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: distributor clamp

Postby PPV » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Is this to fit another distributor or just fit electronic system in the distributor? I found when trying to get to mine had to find the right length spanners and got my hand down to the right of the fuel filter area. Got a few scrapes on the hand though! The difficulty was trying to remove it from the engine but fortunately I just needed to turn it to set the timing as I fitted just an electronic system to replace the points.
Let us know if you find a better solution though!
Regards,
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

Volvo

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am

Re: distributor clamp

Postby Volvo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks Paul, like you, the kit I'm fitting is just to do away with the points. I just need to loosen the clamp to adjust the timing when it's done.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Richard


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest