MK2 Light Switch connections

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

JyrkiLaukaa
Posts:21
Joined:Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Location:Finland (Laukaa)
MK2 Light Switch connections

Postby JyrkiLaukaa » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 am

Hi,

I have problems connecting wirings to the light switch. It should be quite easy but all diagrams show connector numbers above 10 and mine has all numbers below 10 (7 in total).

Has anyone this kind of light switch? It should be original for a 1965 MK2 2.4 Liter (LHD/Export/Non-USA) model.

See picture of the center panel at my web:
http://www.ids.fi/mk2_partimages2.htm#WiringStarting

Any help appreciated. One thing could be that the switch is incorrect?

---
MK2 2.4 1965 under restoration
S-Type 2007 on the road
---

smiffy
Posts:157
Joined:Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:52 pm

Postby smiffy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Jyrki
Your light switch looks correct, or at least is the same as mine. The numbers in the wiring diagram are not very helpful, I agree. When I did my rewiring I mostly cut the ends of the old loom close to the connectors so that I could replace the new wires in the correct place. I'll take a photo of the rear of my switch (hopefully tomorrow evening) and email it to you.
Best wishes, David

JyrkiLaukaa
Posts:21
Joined:Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Location:Finland (Laukaa)

Postby JyrkiLaukaa » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks. Your drawing is correct. Only the connector numbers in my switch are not the same as in the wiring diagram.

I cut off the extra wires not used in a standard transmission MK2.



---
MK2 2.4 1965 under restoration
S-Type 2007 on the road
---


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests