Page 1 of 1
Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2025 10:33 pm
by peterheywood52573
Does anyone know the location of the bullet connectors in the attachment?
Peter
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2025 6:09 pm
by mike020150
On cars of this age, rear lamps are typically fed by a single wire from the stop lamp switch fed into the boot and then split to the left and right hand lamps. Consequently, checking out the boot wiring would be a good place to start your investigation. Mike.
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2025 4:10 pm
by peterheywood52573
Thanks Mike, the manual does show that the loom goes down the RHS of the car
download/file.php?mode=view&id=11598
I have looked behind RH boot panel and only found the splitter bullet connector. I will have a look behind the RH footwell panel and maybe under the RH treadplate for the remaining bullet connector. That means getting the car out of the garage! a job for tomorrow.
Pete
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2025 9:40 pm
by peterheywood52573
I found the remaining bullet connector around the A-pillar / dashboard. I had hoped to just replace the bullet connector but the wire to the brake switch was the problem.