Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
peterheywood52573

- Posts:106
- Joined:Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 pm
Does anyone know the location of the bullet connectors in the attachment?
Peter
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
On cars of this age, rear lamps are typically fed by a single wire from the stop lamp switch fed into the boot and then split to the left and right hand lamps. Consequently, checking out the boot wiring would be a good place to start your investigation. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
-
peterheywood52573

- Posts:106
- Joined:Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 pm
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
Thanks Mike, the manual does show that the loom goes down the RHS of the car
download/file.php?mode=view&id=11598
I have looked behind RH boot panel and only found the splitter bullet connector. I will have a look behind the RH footwell panel and maybe under the RH treadplate for the remaining bullet connector. That means getting the car out of the garage! a job for tomorrow.
Pete
download/file.php?mode=view&id=11598
I have looked behind RH boot panel and only found the splitter bullet connector. I will have a look behind the RH footwell panel and maybe under the RH treadplate for the remaining bullet connector. That means getting the car out of the garage! a job for tomorrow.
Pete
-
peterheywood52573

- Posts:106
- Joined:Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 pm
Re: Green-purple wire to stoplamps
I found the remaining bullet connector around the A-pillar / dashboard. I had hoped to just replace the bullet connector but the wire to the brake switch was the problem.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests