Page 1 of 1

Mud flaps

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 pm
by neilcampbell
Hi, Is it possible to fit mud plaps to a Mark 2..if so where can they be bought.

Many Thanks, Neil

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:24 pm
by Martec
Hi Neil,

Yes it is possible, I have mud flaps behind the front wheels to protect the sills, didn't bother with the rears.

The height off the deck is important otherwise you will catch them on the ground on corners. I set mine up for the uprated front springs but now I'm back on standard springs they catch quite often.

I just bought some reasonable stiff ones from a motor factor and made up brackets to suit. They are attached to the edge of the wing with a gap to the inner slash panel and a steady strap to it.

Brian

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 pm
by jwment
:D That brings back memories of a much smaller car, fitted with mudflaps all round from new. It was several months later before she carried a full load of four adults plus luggage to the airport. The noise on the first corner sounded like a wheel had fallen off. :oops:

Must be heaven having a Mk2 with only this as a problem. I predict it will be quite some time before I have to consider this mod.
I'm dead jealous

Johnny

Mud flaps

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 pm
by neilcampbell
Hi Brian, many thanks very helpful. Neil