Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

PaulHaskey

Member
Posts:38
Joined:Mon May 18, 2015 8:46 pm
Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly

Postby PaulHaskey » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi
I have a '66 S model. The speedo fluctuates wildly when I'm driving along, so much in fact, that I have to use a satnav to read my true speed. I wondered if I might have damaged it when I tried to screw in the rev counter cable by mistake. Any ideas anyone?
Paul

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly

Postby piman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:43 am

Hello Paul,

the uusal cause is a kink in the inner drive cable, try a new one and see if that cures it?

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

PaulHaskey

Member
Posts:38
Joined:Mon May 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Speedometer Fluctuating Wildly

Postby PaulHaskey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Thanks Alec
That's interesting. This was supposed to be a new cable as the one I'd bought online was incorrect.
Paul


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests