Parts sourcing for MK II

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

Islander

Member
Posts:12
Joined:Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 pm
Parts sourcing for MK II

Postby Islander » Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Without pitting autoparts sources on here, I would like to know from your experience which sourcing brand you found best in terms of quality of parts? I see that SNC Barratt are very comprehensive but not sure of the quality of their parts (never tried them so far). M&C Wilkinson look very professional, besides more expensive and limited in their parts catalogue on offer. Any ideas one may be willing to share please? I intend to buy a good number of parts to take my MK II project another notch.

Thank you

Clive

alec2824

Member
Posts:152
Joined:Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: Parts sourcing for MK II

Postby alec2824 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:43 pm

I buy parts from most of the suppliers advertising in our magazine. Some, such as SNG Barratt, re-manufacture parts that are no longer available from Jaguar. As a consequence of this, I tend to use them. They are within an hours drive and so that helps. Alec Gurney.

Islander

Member
Posts:12
Joined:Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Re: Parts sourcing for MK II

Postby Islander » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm

I buy parts from most of the suppliers advertising in our magazine. Some, such as SNG Barratt, re-manufacture parts that are no longer available from Jaguar. As a consequence of this, I tend to use them. They are within an hours drive and so that helps. Alec Gurney.
Thank you Alec for sharing your experience. They do seem to cater for even the smallest detail. I will source a good number of parts from them. Clive

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: Parts sourcing for MK II

Postby PPV » Thu May 23, 2019 6:27 pm

I have tried several suppliers, including SNG Barratt, SC Parts Group, Martin Robey and Norman Motors amongst them. I think you take your choice but speak to them first to ensure it is a repo or original part. I have found SNG to be the most helpful and as they are fairly close to where my family live have bought more from them really. Prices are average and they occassionally have deals or discounts when they attend shows etc. They stock most things. I have found SC parts the most expensive but not by a lot but sometimes the packing costs are high.
Hope it goes well.
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

340jag
Posts:165
Joined:Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Parts sourcing for MK II

Postby 340jag » Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 am

I have had parts from most of the big suppliers , SNG one of them , and probably used the most , Door rubber set went back , did not like the way the diffrent rubber profile's was just cut and stuck together, there chrome trim kit is very good !
Most outlets post prices start at over £4 , ok on lot's of parts , but if you need one small thing , post will be more then the part
My first port of call now days is e-bay , same parts , 95% of the time it's free post !
Attachments
WP_20150602_001.jpg


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests