Page 1 of 1

Air filter housing

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am
by MDA
I have a 1966 Daimler 250 V8 which is the early model with double bumpers.
I want to repaint the air filter housing with authentic type paint.
It looks to be silver Hammerite, is that correct please?
Martin from Wantage.

Re: Air filter housing

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:53 am
by piman
Hello martin,

I would think not, basically as it was expensive paint at that time. (Modern Hammerite is not the same mix at all)
All Nigel Thorleys book on the MK 2 (Original Mk1/MK2) which includes the Daimler 2.5 says they were silver painted as was the engine. I imagine the air cleaner would be the same silver paint as the Jaguar ones? The book mentions a MK 2 with textured paint and states that it is an incorrect finish.

Alec

Re: Air filter housing

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am
by MDA
Thanks for that.
The inside of this filter housing is dirty and rusty but seems to have a very old Silver Hamerite finish. - Strange?
Martin of Wantage