I have been restoring my Daimler(work permitting) for around the last six years. The car is a wonderful example but I am now at a crossroads in terms of where I go next. I have managed to do a lot of the graft myself, leaving paint, chrome and webasto roof to the experts. Having removed the engine and gearbox, I now need some expert advice to take the car to the next level. Pistons are out, heads off and I am preparing to rebuild but would like to use quality materials or an expert rebuilder who has time to take it on. The heads are in great shape and the bores look likewise but I am no expert. The engine has not been fired up in 8/9 years and was low on compression on three cylinders, hence the focus on the pistons bores etc. I almost reached the point of giving up last year, as the engine was previously rebuilt but with substandard parts (previous owner). I purchased the car just after my father passed away suddenly and I am restoring it in memory of his car. I remember playing in it as a child, so not an option to give it up at this at this stage. I am in the Cm23 post code area of Bishops Stortford and would value any advice or signposting from other members. Ideally I would like to get the engine back together and running. Sounds simple but know there is plenty to do. I have all the parts to finish the car, so after much thought I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to hearing any advice or thoughts.
Many thanks in advance
Daimler V8 250 Resto Advice
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
1995 Jaguar X300 4.0L Sport Manual
1979 Daimler Sovereign
1967 Daimler V8 250
1981 MGB LE
1979 Daimler Sovereign
1967 Daimler V8 250
1981 MGB LE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests