Windscreen washer jets

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

alec2824

Member
Posts:152
Joined:Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm
Windscreen washer jets

Postby alec2824 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:39 pm

I have noticed that one of my jets is loose. I have dropped the centre instrument cluster and can see the tubes leading to the jets - but cannot access the jets. I have removed the wooden dash top - but again cannot get to the jets. Any advice out there? Alec G.

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: Windscreen washer jets

Postby PPV » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 pm

They are a bit of a s.d and to do mine I had to take the speedometer out and reach the right one through that but I thought I did the left one through the instrument cluster opening?
Be careful as the washer has probably dissolved away and also the actual connection can get fragile depending on whether it is brass or plastic.
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

alec2824

Member
Posts:152
Joined:Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: Windscreen washer jets

Postby alec2824 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Many moons ago, I replaced the jets and tubes - it may be that the instruments were not in place - the memory is not as good as it was. A job for after my holidays. Alec G.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests