Page 1 of 1

1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 am
by brent
So, had the old girl out for a wee drive and she got a flat tyre. The tyres do need replacing as they are cracking it would appear.

She has wire wheels with kumho 185R15 91T tyres and I can't figure out a modern size for that. any clues as to what would fit? I just want some cheap boots right now. Will worry about more classic style later

cheers

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:35 am
by Ronniebiggs
Hi,

For a long term solution I cannot recommend Pirelli Cinturatos highly enough. They're the correct size/profile and transformed the ride of my Mk2. I bought mine from Longstone.

Jay

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am
by brent
That's good to know thank you, I quite like Pirellis

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm
by alec2824
I understand that the club has a deal with Vredstein who do their Classic range. Worth looking into.