1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

brent

Member
Posts:24
Joined:Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am
1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Postby brent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 am

So, had the old girl out for a wee drive and she got a flat tyre. The tyres do need replacing as they are cracking it would appear.

She has wire wheels with kumho 185R15 91T tyres and I can't figure out a modern size for that. any clues as to what would fit? I just want some cheap boots right now. Will worry about more classic style later

cheers

Ronniebiggs

Member
Posts:59
Joined:Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Postby Ronniebiggs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:35 am

Hi,

For a long term solution I cannot recommend Pirelli Cinturatos highly enough. They're the correct size/profile and transformed the ride of my Mk2. I bought mine from Longstone.

Jay
Jaguar 3.4 Mk2. As original as I can keep it whilst still being safe!

brent

Member
Posts:24
Joined:Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Postby brent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am

That's good to know thank you, I quite like Pirellis

alec2824

Member
Posts:152
Joined:Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: 1966 3.8S MOD tyres

Postby alec2824 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

I understand that the club has a deal with Vredstein who do their Classic range. Worth looking into.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests