swva auction
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
went to swva yesterday where a mk2 with a well restored shell but horrible paint fitted with a 2.8 litre diesel engine fetched with premium the best part of £40k . Any thoughts?
Re: swva auction
Hello David,
that seems an extraordinary amount of money for such a hybrid?
Alec
that seems an extraordinary amount of money for such a hybrid?
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Re: swva auction
Seems this car fetched much more than its £16-17,000 pre-sale estimate, but I imagine that might reflect the £60,000 ploughed into it by the previous owner - and, of course, the original / rebuilt / since unused 3.8 XK engine which was included in the sale.
The colour might not be original, though the paintwork looks fine in the catalogue? If anything I'd say it all looks a little too good / over-restored (although I'm only basing that upon studying the on-line images).
http://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/jaguar-mk11-1960/
But, to me, this car looks too precious to use as a daily driver and so why bother with the diesel conversion in the first place? Surely anyone who can afford to lavish £60,000 on such a project could afford the running costs of an XK engine? And if MPG really was such an issue, how about LPG?
But who knows, perhaps somebody within the JEC has bought it?
The colour might not be original, though the paintwork looks fine in the catalogue? If anything I'd say it all looks a little too good / over-restored (although I'm only basing that upon studying the on-line images).
http://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/jaguar-mk11-1960/
But, to me, this car looks too precious to use as a daily driver and so why bother with the diesel conversion in the first place? Surely anyone who can afford to lavish £60,000 on such a project could afford the running costs of an XK engine? And if MPG really was such an issue, how about LPG?
But who knows, perhaps somebody within the JEC has bought it?
Best regards,
John.
2003 XJ8 3.5 SE
1979 XJ3.4 Se.2
2005 SAAB 9-5 Vector Sport Estate
John.
2003 XJ8 3.5 SE
1979 XJ3.4 Se.2
2005 SAAB 9-5 Vector Sport Estate
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
