Hi, I need to replace aging tyres on steel wheels, Daimler V8 250. The existing tyres are marked as tubeless but the valve stems hint at being tubed. Will the replacement tyres need tubes fitted. I have bought some old MK 2 steel wheels to stand the car on while I sort out the existing, and by looking at the valves on those they appear to be Tubless. Fitting 185/80-15
Thanks in advanced Dave
Tube or Tubeless in steel
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
djpeters23140
- Posts:15
- Joined:Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:43 pm
1967 Daimler V8 250
1979 Honda CBX1000Z
1974 Suzuki GT750M
1979 Honda CBX1000Z
1974 Suzuki GT750M
Re: Tube or Tubeless in steel
Hello Dave,
I don't think there will be any problem fitting tubeless tyres, unless the rim and centre are rivetted together, but I'm fairly certain Jaguar wheels were of welded construction.
Strictly speaking, using tubes requires tyres suitable for them. Tubeless tyres have litle ridges inside which are not so kind on the tube.
Alec
I don't think there will be any problem fitting tubeless tyres, unless the rim and centre are rivetted together, but I'm fairly certain Jaguar wheels were of welded construction.
Strictly speaking, using tubes requires tyres suitable for them. Tubeless tyres have litle ridges inside which are not so kind on the tube.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
-
djpeters23140
- Posts:15
- Joined:Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:43 pm
Re: Tube or Tubeless in steel
Tubless now fitted
1967 Daimler V8 250
1979 Honda CBX1000Z
1974 Suzuki GT750M
1979 Honda CBX1000Z
1974 Suzuki GT750M
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests