London to Bath - recreated

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

Ronniebiggs

Member
Posts:59
Joined:Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm
London to Bath - recreated

Postby Ronniebiggs » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi,

Last year I retraced (as far as I could) the trip taken by George Eyles in a Mk2 in 1963. My elder son accompanied me on GoPro duties to record it for something approaching posterity. It made for a nice Sunday out, and proved an enjoyable 300 mile round trip.

If you'd like to view it, you can find it at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1C3XxQr69U

I don't claim it's a work of great cinematic achievement, but it does make a bit of a contrast with the journey of 1963. Unfortunately I didn't come across a road-hogging Sunbeam Rapier, a poorly driven Triumph Herald or an Isetta. Inevitably, many of the roads are no longer the same as they were!

With an all-synchro box |I didn't need to demonstrate double-declutching and I hope I wasn't as aggressive to other traffic as George was. Of particular pleasure was the reaction of the Ferrari passenger coming into Marlborough - she seemed more interested in the Jag than she was in the supercar in which she was travelling.

Hope it's of some interest.

Jay

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: London to Bath - recreated

Postby J44EAG » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Nice video, Jay. Yes, I`ve seen the Eyles original. George certainly battered his way through other motorists.

Well done.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest