1966 S-Type 3.8 New Member

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

brent

Member
Posts:24
Joined:Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am
1966 S-Type 3.8 New Member

Postby brent » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:17 pm

G'day all,
Just thought I'd say hello before posting a couple of more tech related questions.

I've just bought a 1966 3.8S with Manual Overdrive, she's a bit battered and has had some questionable repair work on some of the panels but she is generally not too bad. Even better she's MoTd and on the road, so I can drive her.

I've also got a 2003 model S-Type which is my daily driver and I've had for a few years now.

I've only just joined the club which I had been meaning to get around to for a while, the new purchase made me realise I better get on with it! I must admit I was extremely surprised to find a picture of myself in the latest club magazine after only being a member for 5 minutes!!!! Not in any way relating to my own Jaguars, but I am one of the London Scottish Regiment Pipers pictured with the transporter in the article about the Ecurie Ecosse tribute at the Goodwood Revival. That was quite an experience playing all those classic racers out onto the grid :)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Cheers

Brent

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: 1966 S-Type 3.8 New Member

Postby PPV » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 am

Hi, welcome to the club. Not sure where you are but there should be a local branch near you which would be worth contacting for local help and advice.
Of course if there is any help you need then the forum members I am sure have the answers and indeed there is much info you can search on it , also in recent times there have been many articles in the club magazine which you can look at also.
Perhaps a picture or two would be of interest if you could post them on this site.
Hope you enjoy the car.
Regards,
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

brent

Member
Posts:24
Joined:Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am

Re: 1966 S-Type 3.8 New Member

Postby brent » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks! I'm in London, and as it happened I managed to join a mere few days before the monthly local meetup and thus managed to get along and say hi :)

Here they both are:
Jags.jpg

Richardm340

Member
Posts:8
Joined:Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Re: 1966 S-Type 3.8 New Member

Postby Richardm340 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Nice looking pair of cars :D

Richardm340

1968 340
2010 XF 3.0D
2013 Discovery 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests