Cupholders and carpets for sale

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England
Cupholders and carpets for sale

Postby PaulGover » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Sadly, my 1997 XJ8 3.2 has gone to the great garage in the sky - a Nikasil engine drew its last breath and expired in a cloud of smoke. :cry:

I've saved a very few items, genuine Jaguar parts:
  • The cupholder moulding from the centre armrest. I replaced this just a year ago at about £80(!!!), 'cos the original one's plastic hinges had snapped. It's got my own enhancement - steel bushes to reinforce the plastic where the hinges broke.
  • Over-carpet set JLM20471AEK (which I believe is "Sable"). This was the appropriate set for my car with body colour non-metallic "Brooklands Green" (looked just like British Racing Green to me ;-). Also replaced a year ago, no visible wear, driver's side unused. I used an earlier driver's side mat which was quite worn but had a heel pad - the new one didn't so I was saving it "for best". Also around £80 new.
  • Driver's handbook, Sound system, Security system, In-car telephone and Quick guide and safety advice booklets and their green leatherette binder from the glove box, and Vehicle care, Maintenace schedules, After sales warranty, Sales and service international directory and Total care booklets and their black plastic wallet from the boot.
Reasonable offers (£20-£25 for the cup-holders and carpets) secure - could pass them over at the next Spares Day, or by post.
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Cupholders and carpets for sale

Postby ptjs1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm

Paul,

i might be interested. It depends what colour your armrest is and what colour Sable is! I have a BRG car but my trim seems fairly rare - Catkin leather with Pine fascia.

I'm on hols at the moment with limited internet access. I'll contact you next week but if anyone else wants them before then, obviously strike whilst the iron is hot!

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Cupholders and carpets for sale

Postby Brakebuster » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 pm

sable is the carpet colour for an AGD interior , oatmeal over antelope,....

nothing like yours I'm afraid Paul ,

but just like mine, lol

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

PaulGover

Member
Posts:824
Joined:Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location:Near Banbury, England

Re: Cupholders and carpets for sale

Postby PaulGover » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:45 pm

It pretty easy to transfer the leather cover to the cup holder mechanism (5 small Torx screws) - indeed the replacement part I got from Jaguar didn't include it. (I saved both parts from my car as it was less dismantling, and AFAIR the cover helps keeps the cup holder parts together.) If you need the leather cover as well, I'm not sure what the Jaguar name for mine is - it's pretty similar to the carpet, so it's probably Sable too.

"Sable" is a darkish browny-grey (gosh, that's about as informative as "sable"). I was going to compare it to the "font colour" patches on the bulletin board "Post a reply" page, but it's very hard to decide which is the nearest. There's a collection of Jaguar colours (including sable but not catkin) at http://furnitureclinic.co.uk/Jaguar_Lea ... _Chart.phpand http://www.basjaguartrim.com/m_colpallette.htm, though viewing that on a PC monitor depends an awful lot on the monitor and the ambient lighting. According to the JDHT web site, Sir William Lyons's XJ6 was Sable with Cinnamon trim.

I'll try to remember to pick up a Dulux colour matching card when I'm next in B&Q - it lets you take a photo of something surrounded by the card, and upload the result to their web site, where a program analyses the colors on their card and in the sample, and gives the sample a name from the Dulux mix-to-order range.

It might be worth the bulletin-board community collecting a table of Jaguar to Dulux colour names so then it would just be a case of picking up a colour card in your local DIY shop. I find Jaguar's colour names "idiosyncratic" (a.k.a. colour-blind) - my XJS interior is "Magnolia" according to Jaguar, "ivory" according to most bystanders!
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest