Page 1 of 1

Car Covers

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm
by E_PITT
Has anyone had any experience with car covers? Im about to go away for a few months and the car will be left on the driveway. Ive heard all sorts of horror stories about scratched paint and mould. What's the general feeling?


Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:06 am
by joejag308
Don'T go with the cheapest........its the inside as well as the outside that is important........is it for inside use or outside use.........JEC do a recommended cover in tools i believe..........Joe


Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 pm
by daveji
Contact http://www.thecovercompany.co.uk/ and talk to Chris Dash who will provide the best advice.
For what its worth my car has lived under a Covercraft "Noah" tailored outdoor cover for four years,all weathers,without problems.
It is most important to buy the right cover for the job....there are no short cuts and you get what you pay for. :wink:


Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:00 pm
by E_PITT
I'll give Chris a ring this week. I've had a look at his website and the covers look pretty good. I'll post more if I end up making a purchas but thanks for the tip. Regards, Ed


Re: Car Covers

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:38 pm
by 700SN
Couldn’t believe how old this post was , but if anyone wants a recommendation I can vouch for this one I’ve just bought:
From “Cars Covers” or “cover zone”
Monsoon model ,
DD26A4B3-A41A-45DF-B670-C846449F2E95.jpeg
DD26A4B3-A41A-45DF-B670-C846449F2E95.jpeg (36.66KiB)Viewed 1659 times
91DD3FD8-C004-4EDD-B489-D55522E7A30F.jpeg
91DD3FD8-C004-4EDD-B489-D55522E7A30F.jpeg (33KiB)Viewed 1659 times
Fits my XJR perfectly, good materials and has wing mirror pockets and also roof vents, which let the air through. £143

Much better than the one I got via the club actually, which was disappointing as a lot of water and moisture sitting underneath and it wasn’t a nice fit at all, all for nearly 200 quid.

Cheers